BT will also use this platform to create new and exciting converged services bringing mobile, Wi-Fi, and fixed network services together. Furthermore, with the implementation of the Network Cloud infrastructure, BT will be able to combine a range of currently discrete network functions and deploy them on a cloud infrastructure that is built to a common framework and shared across the organisation, throughout the UK and globally. These include services across BT’s voice, mobile core and radio/access, global services, ISP, TV and IT services, as well as a host of internal applications, thereby cutting operational expenditure and significantly simplifying operations throughout the organisation.
This project will enable BT to implement a range of new applications and workloads and evolve the majority of its current ones including:
- Converged fixed and mobile services rollout to consumers and businesses.
- Faster time-to-market for network services ranging from internet access delivery to TV and business network functions
- Improved voice and video delivery and scalability.
To accomplish the evolution toward a more agile, virtualised network, BT is investing in a range of Juniper solutions across various tenants within the BT network, including:
- Dynamic end-to-end networking policy and control for telco cloud workloads using Contrail Networking
- Cloud operations management using AppFormix
- Highly scalable and flexible spine and leaf underlay fabric using the QFX Series