The CTERA Enterprise File Services Platform unifies local file sharing with cloud hyperscale storage, allowing enterprises to modernise every aspect of their distributed file services delivery – including remote offices, work-from-home laptops, VDI, and mobile – without compromising performance or security.
7.0 release highlights include:
- CTERA Direct.CTERA 7.0 marks the introduction of an ultra-fast edge-to-cloud transfer protocol that synchronises data at a throughput of over 30TB/day per site with minimal sensitivity to network latency. CTERA Direct combineshighly secure zero-trust content distribution with the cost savings of disaggregated architecture routing data to the nearest cloud location. CTERA Direct is designed to power distributed data-rich environments, such as creative media and healthcare offices, and to accelerate responsiveness for work-from-home users using CTERA desktop and VDI agents.
- CTERA Zones.CTERA Zones allow enterprises to dynamically segment their global file system into any number of geographic locations. By preventing sensitive data exposure to unauthorised sites and users, enterprises can strengthen internal privacy mechanisms and ensure data sovereignty and compliance requirements.
- CTERA Migrate.CTERA 7.0 is the first global file system to offer a built-in migration engine that enables automated data discovery and import from NAS systems such as NetApp, Dell EMC, and Windows Server with full perseveration of folder structure and permissions. CTERA Migrate streamlines enterprise cloud transformation initiatives that otherwise might be hindered by the complexity and cost overhead of data migration from legacy systems.
- CTERA MacAssist.CTERA continues to deliver strong desktop and mobile integration and a beautiful user experience. The CTERA MacAssist feature provides Finder integration with icon overlays and enhanced search experiences. CTERA also released new versions of its mobile apps for iOS and Android for consistent user experiences across desktop, mobile, and cloud.
- CTERA Antivirus.CTERA 7.0 is the first global file system to offer virus protection at the edge and in the cloud. The multi-layer virus scanning in 7.0 delivers full threat protection at all entry points to the global file system, as well as continuous scanning for newly discovered virus definitions without creating process overhead on edge filers.