Manhattan Associates manages approximately one petabyte of data. Before implementing the Cohesity solution, Manhattan’s legacy secondary storage system lacked scalability and made the process of protecting its virtual machines overly complex. Following a proof-of-concept, Manhattan Associates replaced the legacy environment with Cohesity DataPlatform, a web-scale, hyperconverged secondary storage solution. The deployment included Cohesity File Services management in concert with Cohesity CloudTier, which enabled provisioning of NFS datastores and support for SMB protocols to consolidate data protection and file storage. The company also used Cohesity CloudArchive to migrate inactive, cold virtual machines natively to AWS S3 for long-term archival to Amazon Glacier, eliminating dependence on tapes. The data in the cloud is deduplicated and compressed for storage efficiency. The implementation was done in partnership with SHI, one of America’s top 10 largest IT solutions providers, and technology partners AWS, Pure Storage, and VMware.
Manhattan Associates achieved several important benefits after installing Cohesity’s solutions:
- Capital expenses (CapEx) reduction by using commodity hardware that is configured optimally for Cohesity
- Operating expenses (OpEx) savings of administrators’ time, training and management costs by consolidating to Cohesity’s all-in-one solution that combines backup software, target storage, scale-out file storage, and cloud integration
- Upgrade autonomy, as the IT team can now perform upgrades, updates, and capacity expansions without causing system disruptions
- Faster backup windows that reduce administrators’ time troubleshooting
- Budget optimisation by leveraging a scale-out, pay-as-you-grow model
“As a global technology solutions provider, we like to stay ahead of the technology curve. We saw clear value in adopting Cohesity to consolidate and simplify our secondary storage infrastructure,” said Brian Sweeney, principal engineer, Manhattan Associates. “Cohesity allows us to consolidate data protection and file storage, while providing simple integration with the public cloud for long-term archival”.