The Finnish-Swedish company Tieto stays true to the legacy of the sauna tradition and never misses an opportunity to slip out of the costume and into the sauna. On April 1st, the company will inaugurate the world?s first data-driven saunas at their Nordic data centres in Stockholm, Helsinki and Stavanger. The sauna named AiSauna is launched in connection with Finland?s 100-year anniversary which is celebrated throughout the year 2017.
“The amount of data stored and processed in our data centres increases rapidly. We now want to combine Finnish tradition, data from our Nordic customers and the latest technology to create something unique that contributes to a warmer society and a completely new level of digital customer experience”, says Alicia Turing, data scientist and sauna architect at Tieto.
Tieto stores and processes data from hundreds of customers in the public and private sector. Servers generate up to 45 MWh of excess heat each day, which would be able to heat up to 2510 data-driven saunas for 2 hours every day (approx. 18 kWh required per sauna) around the Nordics.
“A sauna is more than a place to sweat in. Numerous problems and decisions have also been resolved there. By integrating artificial intelligence into the experience, taking notes and analyzing the conversation, we enable sauna enthusiasts to combine business with pleasure. The aim is to pave the way for truly data-driven decision making in the future worklife”, says Alicia Turing.
Tieto guarantees that the heat from the data is free from all forms of viruses, malign code or cyberthreats.
Step into AiSauna:
- Take your sauna experience out in the world – utilize Mixed Reality and VR technology to feel the sweat in different locations
- Connect with a smart wristband, measuring body temperature, pulse and sweat expiration , automatically adapting sauna heat and humidity according to personal preference
- Choose between pre-selected modes, for example:
- “Swedish Lagom” (lower temperature and no steam, suitable for reading newspapers)
- “Finnish Sandstorm Tango” (high temperature and melancholy music)
- “Norwegian Extreme” (focus on optimal fitness and fat burn)
- Whip yourself with Wihta – the traditional Finnish sauna accessory made of birch (Vihta) has been replaced with a function utilizing ultrasound beams to massage your body
- Have efficient meetings and conversations through an integrated AI solution which takes notes and analyzes the discussion in real-time.