New version of FreeStor finally removes the barrier of cloud adoption for performance data.
FalconStor Software has introduced FreeStor® for the hybrid cloud. Building on its heterogeneous storage platform, it has enabled enterprises and cloud service providers (CSPs) to utilize the performance and reliability benefits of block-based enterprise storage within a hybrid model at public cloud prices.
“The Data Center for enterprises and CSPs is facing many challenges. Costs are out of control, moving data is becoming costlier and users require common tools to avoid vendor lock-in,” said Roy Illsley, Principal Analyst, Ovum. “A new flexible approach is needed. Organizations need to have the freedom to choose the most appropriate storage platform that meets their pricing and performance level needs, whether that is on- premises, in the cloud or both (using a hybrid model). The new functionality that has been incorporated into FreeStor, offers users the ability to intelligently create a hybrid cloud that few other vendors can match.”
New benefits of FreeStor’s intelligent approach to flexible data management include:
• Simple, Fair Pricing - organizations now only pay for licensing of their primary instance of data, not the total amount of storage consumed.
• Cloud Enablement – enable users to add public cloud storage in order to create a hybrid solution that can be managed through a single pane of glass.
• Secure Multi-tenancy – integration with Active Directory or LDAP for authorization, access and audit compliance providing trustworthy security at all levels of an organization’s installation.
• Enhanced Analytics – enabling core-to-edge decision-making abilities while providing information for proactive management of SLAs.
• Unified Client Management – overcome business disruption with easy, templated agent deployment, simplified configuration and updates, and intelligent analytics from core-to-edge.
• Performance Optimization – Improved support for NVMe unlocking new levels of I/O and latency. The addition of Linux 7 compliance together with enhanced, patented application acceleration, workload portability both on-premises and in the cloud, and faster zero-downtime configurations.
“Storage is a vital component of any cloud infrastructure whether it’s private, public or hybrid. All organizations, including CSPs, need to unlock on-premises enterprise storage to support their cloud journey and create the data centers of the future,” said Gary Quinn, President, and CEO of FalconStor. “The launch of FreeStor for the hybrid cloud combines simple, more fair pricing models, flexible management tools, analytics and unrivaled performance to build out cloud storage infrastructures. These enhancements will enable IT to migrate and move workloads to the most cost-effective destination and ultimately achieve the goals of the business.”