We would like to keep you up to date with the latest news from Digitalisation World by sending you push notifications.
Ransomware is a huge global threat to businesses around the world. Beyond the high-profile attacks, including Colonial Pipeline, JBS, Garmin, and Acer, many people now personally know a colleague whose business was attacked. According to Coveware, most corporate targets are small and medium businesses. 72% of targeted businesses have fewer than 1,000 employees, and 37% have fewer than 100. Businesses are projected to have paid out $20B in 2021, a 100% Y-o-Y increase for the last four years, and it's only going to get worse with new business models like RaaS: ransomware-as-a-service. With Retrospect Backup 18, businesses can protect their infrastructure with immutable backups for ransomware protection.
Beyond protection, organizations need to detect ransomware as early as possible to stop the threat and remediate those resources. Retrospect Backup 18.5 includes anomaly detection to identify changes in an environment that warrants the attention of IT. Administrators can tailor anomaly detection to their business's specific systems using customizable filtering and thresholds for each of their backup policies, and those anomalies are aggregated on Retrospect Management Console across the entire business's Retrospect Backup instances or a partner's client base with a notification area for responding to those anomalies.
"As ransomware continues to grow in prevalence, businesses can leverage Retrospect's new anomaly detection to quickly identify when ransomware has infected their infrastructure and rely on their immutable backups to restore any lost data," said JG Heithcock, General Manager, Retrospect, a StorCentric Company. "Anomaly detection is integrated into Retrospect's policy-based workflow and with our hosted service, Retrospect Management Console, to ensure customers and partners are notified about anomalies as soon as they happen."
Included in Retrospect Backup 18.5:
* Anomaly Detection: Detect anomalies in systems based on customizable filters and thresholds tailored to individual environments.
* Retrospect Management Console Integration: View anomalies across a business or partner's entire client base in a single pane of glass.
* Improved Microsoft Azure Blob Integration: Set individual immutable retention policies for different backup sets within the same Azure Storage Container.
* Streamlined Immutable Backup User Experience: Automatically create cloud buckets with immutable backups supported by default.
* LTO-9 Support: Includes support for LTO-9, with capacities up to 18TB (45TB compressed).