Through data virtualisation, the Denodo Platform offers enterprise-grade data integration, management, and delivery that rivals legacy data integration techniques. The new version of the Denodo Platform advances agile data integration and governed data management, extending Denodo’s reach into advanced hybrid and multicloud architectures and new data science use cases.
“Denodo 8.0 packs key capabilities that are essential for our Decision Support Initiative,” said Dan Young, chief data architect and manager at Indiana University, Bloomington. “Our mission is to provide timely, relevant, and accurate data for better decision making to our executives and faculty. The Denodo Platform has been a key technology in our logical data fabric architecture, integrating student and enrollment, personnel, and financial data, and delivering the unified information to our Academics Metrics (AM) 360 dashboards. With it, decision makers at Indiana University have been able to successfully measure, compare, and analyse trends regarding the health of their responsibility centers.”
Key functionalities of Denodo Platform 8.0 include:
· Hybrid cloud/multicloud integration: Denodo Platform 8.0 enables organisations to accelerate data integration across different locations while lowering operational costs and leveraging platform-as-a-service (PaaS)-style infrastructure automation and autoscaling support.
· Machine learning/data science automation: An ML-aided data catalog helps data scientists discover and prepare data for building complex data models and aids in supporting advanced analytics. With the integrated Apache Zeppelin Notebook, they can construct narratives combining queries with code, text, and graphics, and share it with fellow data scientists.
· API/microservices enhancements: New support for execution of GraphQL on top of logical data models promotes no-code approach to the use of REST APIs and accelerates the adoption of advanced microservices architectures.
· Hyper performance: Denodo Platform 8.0 maximises query delegation and boosts performance to sub-second responses with AI-powered recommendations, advanced caching, and smart query acceleration for frequent, expensive queries.
· Unified Web-based UI with Single Sign-On: Newly introduced interface unifies all design and runtime tools with single sign-on support facilitating rapid design, development, deployment, and management processes.
· Expanded Cloud Connectivity: The Denodo Platform 8.0 expands its widest array of adapters with new ones for Databricks Delta, Azure Synapse, Google BigQuery and cloud data stores such as AWS S3, Azure Data Lake Storage, and Google Cloud Storage.
“Denodo 8.0 is the result of years of continuous innovation to support our customers’ enterprise data management journeys,” said Alberto Pan, executive vice president and chief technology officer at Denodo. “Our customers have been pioneers in their respective industries, leveraging the Denodo Platform as the enterprise logical data fabric for advanced analytics, cloud modernisation, data science, and data services. We responded to our customers’ requests by providing the most advanced data platform in the industry with PaaS-style infrastructure management, machine learning data catalog, GraphQL support, smart query acceleration, and an easy-to-use unified user interface.”